Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Cavalry is Here! And Just in Time

During the past few years I've been writing in this blog, you may have noticed that Telarus always has a ton of IT projects in progress at all times. Back in 2002, when Adam and I started this company, I was the only developer. I "hacked" together some web sites and databases - enough to get our company started without significant development cost. One by one we added programmers to re-write my ugly code and to begin building new technology well beyond my abilities. Soon I found myself managing the daily tasks of 5 developers. My days became so full that many phone calls and emails began to go unanswered. But that is about to change!

On May 1, 2007 Telarus found itself with a new Director of Web Development: Andrew Morgan. I met Andrew in Las Vegas at the Channel Partner Show. He was employed by PowerNet Global at the time and I instantly gained a respect for his knowledge of e-business as well as his integrity. After just a few minutes of conversation you can tell that Andrew has a good heart and he has a great deal of focus. What I didn't know when I met Andrew was that he was desirous of making a life change, moving his family from Cincinnati back to Oklahoma City, land of his in-laws.

Andrew began working for Telarus on April 23, 2007. He spent his first week with us here in Utah, where I attempted to "download" my brain into his a la fire hose style. He left soaking wet with information, most of which he'll remember later on. With Andrew on board there is an extra pair of eyes to search through our internal IT task list as well as an extra mouth to communicate to each developer what he should or shouldn't be working on. Alas, the cavalry is here! No more voicemail, no more unanswered email and IM's.

With Andrew slaying dragons by my side, I find myself able to focus on the things I do and like best: internet marketing - driving more leads to our sales agents and VAR partners, coaching and collaborating with our agents on new Google optimization strategies.

Someone a few years back asked me if I'd be interested in getting an MBA. Well, we just got an MBA! Welcome aboard Andrew!

No comments: