- 1st Sergeant John Blue (lost leg below the knee in Iraq)
- Colonel Patty Collins (lost her leg below the knee)
- 2nd Lieutenant Melissa Stockwell (lost her leg above the knee in Iraq)
- Former Reconnaissance Marine Oscar “Oz” Sanchez (spinal cord injury)
- Sergeant Michael Gallardo (lost his leg below the knee in Iraq)
- Corporal Evan Morgan (lost his left leg below the knee, right leg above the knee and vision in one eye in Iraq)
- Petty Officer 1-Class Casey Tibbs (lost his leg below the knee)
- Ret. Staff Sergeant Chris Chandler (lost his leg below the knee in Afghanistan)
If you would like to join me and lend a helping hand to John, Patty, Melissa, Oz, Michael, Evan, Casey, and Chris, please donate what you can to the Challenged Athletes Foundation.
For me, the war is a whole lot more personal when you're running next to one of these heroes. This year, my conscience won't let me run by without knowing I did all I could to show my thanks and appreciation. Thanks in advance for your support.